National Demonstration Schools
AVID National Demonstration Schools are exemplary models of the program and demonstrate the very best AVID methodologies and strategies. Schools and districts interested in implementing AVID or improving their own AVID program can arrange to visit these sites and experience a highly successful AVID program.
At an AVID demonstration school, visitors can observe:
- Dedicated and successful implementation of the 11 Essentials
- Strong and committed leadership
- Evidence of outstanding student achievement
- Models for excellent inquiry-based AVID tutorials
- AVID as a schoolwide approach to school improvement
- A schoolwide college-going culture with college readiness as a basic expectation
- A center of learning for AVID best practices
- A showplace for the synergy and excitement a strong AVID program creates
As of May 2011, for the 2010-2011 school year, out of approximately 4,500 schools throughout the USA, there are 118 National Demonstration Schools.
Learn how 25 Demo Schools have taken AVID Schoolwide in the Journey to Schoolwide AVID case study.
To arrange a visit to one of our Demonstration Schools please contact the following Divisional Offices:
Please contact Lynn Nelson at (858) 380-4737.
For AK, AZ, CO, HI, ID, MT, NE, NM, NV, OR, UT, WA, WY:
Please contact Western Division at (303) 436-2200.
For AR, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, ND, OH, OK, SD, WI:
Please contact Central Division at (512) 669-5900.
Please call (972) 591-2550.
For AL, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, KY, LA, MA, MD, MS, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, SC, TN, VA, VT, WV,
US Virgin Islands:
Please contact Eastern Division at (404) 963-9300.