AVID for Higher Education (AHE) supports student success from entry to completion. AHE membership includes intensive, customized services delivered on-site to meet your specific campus needs. Improving student success in and beyond college will always be a mission of institutions of higher education. The AHE mission and our commitment will always be to assist you in meeting that goal.
Your Membership offers the following services:
- Professional learning opportunities provided on-site
- Use of AVID-created resources, including all professional learning materials and presentations, first-year seminar syllabus, and other resources (Licensing for reproduction of AVID copyrighted materials)
- Monthly coaching calls and annual on-site planning/ support visit
- A campus subscription to AVID Weekly, which provides high interest articles and lesson plans designed to improve academic reading skills that can be used in first year seminar courses, developmental education, or discipline-specific courses
- Complimentary registration to Summer Institutes for AHE Liaison
- Complimentary registration to annual AHE Liaison meeting for AHE Liaison
- On-site inquiry-based peer tutor and mentor training materials and online support resources (online videos and AHE Socratic Tutorial Model Guide)
- Access to online modules that offer 24/7 recaps of critical college success skills and WICOR instructional strategies for use by both students and faculty
- AHE online meetings, including professional learning WebEx sessions
- Assistance with development of grant proposals
- Assistance in analyzing evaluation results related to student success
- Use of logo, intellectual property, and program materials for student recruitment purposes
Invest in Continued Student Success
Whether your campus is in its first year or third year of implementing AVID for Higher Education, the benefits of membership generate a return on your investment for your campus and for your students.
Experienced educators know that student success takes time and continued, focused effort across years to attain sustainable results. If your campus is currently an AHE site, continue the success that AVID generates by renewing your membership today. Need help communicating AHE success to campus leadership?
For additional information about AVID for Higher Education membership, please contact [email protected].