Director – Urban Success Imperative
San Diego, CA/Home Office Location
Position Description: Under the direction of the Executive Vice President, this individual will assist in leading, managing, overseeing and coordinating activities associated with the Urban Success Imperative. Primary focus will be toward development of urban focused designs in implementing the AVID system including professional development, site retention, and site growth.
- Plans, directs and coordinates the urban development efforts, works with the Division Directors, Headquarter directors/managers, monitors and reviews consultants' work
- Works with the Executive Vice President to develop and implement plans to enhance the quality and increase the retention of urban sites
- Directs and supports events for urban districts
- Directs and supports quality efforts, including data collection and certification
- Works with the Division Directors to promote school-wide and district wide programs
- Assists in creating education materials and curriculum for the Urban Success Imperative
- Provides outreach support by presenting, meeting and attending various functions and conferences including community based events
- Advises management of potential program risks and provides solutions based on the objectives established by management
- Performs other similar duties assigned by the Executive Vice President and Company
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven knowledge of AVID program experience
- Proven knowledge of urban districts
- Proven success in overseeing and completing assignments and tasks in a timely manner
- Has high level of integrity, wisdom, presence, discretion, and ethics
- Results-oriented, positive and proactive, solution-focused approach is required
- Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Work independently with minimal oversight and maintain a high level of internal and external customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate flexibility, manage multiple tasks and anticipate needs, and accurately sense urgency and sensitivity of a situation
- Identify gaps/areas for improvement and initiate corrective actions
- Apply good judgment, organizational, initiative, and work independently
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Microsoft Office Suites
- Other General Office Equipment
Experience and Education:
- Post-graduate degree in education or related field, with 5 years of teaching
- Administration or district office experience
- Exceptional ability to read and interpret documents, policies and procedures and data information
- Exceptional ability to write reports and correspondence
- Exceptional ability to speak effectively with clients and employees
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- Typical office conditions; low to moderate noise, generally quiet
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
AVID Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, gender expression, national origin, marital status or physical or mental disability. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States.
To apply, please upload a cover letter and resume by following the online instructions here: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=7474261 by December 16, 2013.