2012 AVID Summer Institute Australia
Summer Institute is AVID's annual professional learning training where educators come to learn the latest in AVID methodologies and strategies to successfully implement AVID in their schools. This year, AVID Center will host a Summer Institute in Australia.
|*Victoria University Footscray Campus, Melbourne
||November 27-29||Tuesday - Thursday|
Registration is now open.
- For MyAVID account holders, login to MyAVID to register via the Event Registration tab.
- If you're not a MyAVID account holder, you'll need to complete the Interest Form.
Download PDFs here for Hotel Information, the Interest Form, the Registration Flyer, the Schedule and our Strand Descriptions:
If you have questions, contact:
The Victoria Institute for Education, Diversity and Lifelong Learning
telephone: 61 3 9919 4604
Late in 2011, Victoria University was one of 11 universities awarded a competitive Higher Education Participation and Partnerships Program (HEPPP) grant offered by the Commonwealth Government. The grant provides funds for Victoria University to support schools and universities across Australia to implement, evaluate and research AVID in Australia from 2012-2014. Funds are directed towards:
- Supporting the ongoing AVID professional learning program in schools and universities
- Supporting the building of deeper, sustainable school-university partnerships with AVID providing a shared language and focus on learning and teaching
- Outreach activities that enable schools to bring AVID students on to university campuses for deeper engagement with the university experience
- Building a professional learning community across AVID sites around Australia and internationally
- Facilitating school planning activities; engagement with parents and communities
- Conducting a rigorous research and evaluation program around the implementation of AVID in Australia that is led by Victoria University in partnership with AVID sites
For further information, please contact Claire Brown on 03 9919 4604, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Katie Hughes on 03 9919 4573, email@example.com. This project is supported by
Or: Dr. William DeJean
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org