How Does AVID Work? See AVID in Action!
If you want to know more about how AVID works for teachers and students to improve school culture and performance or are
considering implementing AVID in your
school or district, or are a current AVID school and want to gain insight from another AVID implementation, attend an AVID Showcase.
Hosted by AVID schools
across the country, AVID Showcases provide an opportunity for educators to see an AVID implementation, share best practices, and
learn more about
AVID hands-on. The Showcase experience includes AVID Elective and content class observations and a chance to speak with
experienced AVID site team
members and students.
Who Should Attend:
District and school administrators, AVID site team members, and educators from any school interested in learning about AVID.
What to Expect:
- See and learn about the key components of an AVID implementation
- Hear about AVID as a schoolwide catalyst for improvement
- Observe an AVID Elective class
- Discuss implementing AVID with school administrators and teachers
- Hear from AVID students
- Review data and results from AVID students from the hosting school
Use the links below for information about dates and times near you.