AVID Elementary Membership
AVID Elementary Annual Membership
- AVID Elementary Weekly privileges
- Access to professional learning opportunities
- Technology-based support
AVID Elementary Roles
District Director Elementary
The District Director Elementary (DD Elementary) is required to attend AVID Summer Institute with AE participants and complete a two-year training cycle in AVID District Leadership Elementary training held by AVID Center. This role also approves data and site Certification submissions to AVID Center.
AVID Elementary Principal
The AVID Elementary Principal is required to attend AVID Summer Institute with his or her site team(s) and is the instructional leader for AE Implementation and the site team. The AE Principal may attend AVID District Leadership Elementary training with the DD Elementary. This role is responsible for leading the AE site team throughout the Certification process and submits data and the Certification document to the DD Elementary.
AVID Elementary Teacher
The AE Implementing Classroom Teacher is required to attend the appropriate implementation stage strand at AVID Summer Institute and is the facilitator of learning in the classroom. This role is responsible for conducting classroom and individual assessments in a pre/post model to utilize data to inform classroom instruction. This role is an active member on the AE site team.
AVID Elementary Professional Learning
AVID District Leadership Elementary Training Sessions
The DD Elementary attends two Leadership training sessions during Year 1 and two sessions during Year 2 that focus on the research base and Certification process of the AE Model. The designated DD Elementary also attends the AVID Summer Institute in sequential elementary strands. Additional DD Elementary and AE Site Principals can also attend AVID District Leadership Elementary training to build capacity within implementing sites.
AVID Summer Institute (Elementary Strands)
Implementing sites attend AE Implementation strands. Attendance is required the first year of implementation, with a minimum team of four members per implementing site. After the first year, AVID recommends four-person teams attend with each new implementation stage.
- Site Principal is required
- Implementing Classroom Teachers (SPED and General Ed)
- Instructional Coaches/Specialists
- This website includes member-only shared files that provide examples, sample lessons, discussions, and other resources to guide and support AVID Elementary implementation.
AVID Elementary Weekly (AEW)
- This member-only resource is designed to bring the real world into the AVID Elementary classroom and view it through the WICOR lens.
- Using current newspaper articles, photos, and illustrations, AE Weekly provides students with high-interest stories aligned with AVID Elementary implementation resources and state standards (including Common Core), layout of Activity Ideas, and WICOR lessons (framework for strengthening lessons).
- Online resource that complements AE strands at AVID Summer Institute and provides guidance and support for AE Site Teams, Grade Level Teams, and Feeder Pattern Teams.