AVID Test Prep
Why AVID Test Prep™?
Preparing students for college includes preparing them for the admissions tests that are one important factor in determining college acceptance. AVID has partnered with ePrep, a national test prep company, to bring AVID Test Prep to AVID classes and schools, giving students greater opportunities to maximize their scores on these important tests.
AVID Test Prep makes college admission test preparation very affordable for students - at anytime and from virtually anywhere in the world.
AVID Test Prep will:
- Enhance your AVID elective class with another tool to help students navigate the college preparatory path
- Provide "AVIDized" lesson plans and tutorials
- Offer math and English subject area topics common on many state tests.
- Assist with lesson planning focused on college admission tests
- Engage students through interactive vocabulary games, customizable test prep calendar, and prep progress tracking
- Track student performance to assist with lesson planning
- Be available for one year from date of registration
AVID Test Prep Benefits
- Year-long access to online SAT®, ACT®, PSAT® and PLAN® test prep courses
- A personalized test prep calendar
- Access to thousands of videos with experts explaining in detail how to work each problem or answer each question
- Full-length, printable practice tests that are available 24/7
- Individual profiles that track student progress and identify strengths and areas needing improvement
- More than 1,400 online vocabulary flashcards to maximize/build test readiness
Teacher and administrator benefits:
- Student and class profiles that track student progress to identify strengths and areas needing further instruction
- Beginning with the 2012-2013 school year, AVID lesson plans and tutorials will be available on how to incorporate AVID Test Prep into classroom instruction