AVID Demonstration Schools are exemplary models of the AVID College Readiness System demonstrating the very best AVID strategies and methodologies in both the AVID Elective and schoolwide college readiness practices. Schools and districts interested in implementing AVID or improving their own AVID program can arrange to visit these sites and experience a highly successful AVID program.
At an AVID Demonstration school, visitors can observe:
- Dedicated and successful implementation of the 11 Essentials
- Strong and committed leadership
- Evidence of outstanding student achievement
- Models for excellent inquiry-based AVID tutorials
- AVID as a schoolwide approach to school improvement
- A schoolwide college-going culture with college readiness as a basic expectation
- A center of learning for AVID best practices
- A showplace for the synergy and excitement a strong AVID college readiness system creates
For general questions about AVID Demonstration schools, please contact Lynn Nelson at email@example.com.
To arrange a visit to one of our Demonstration Schools please contact the Divisional Offices:
Please contact Lynn Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (858) 380-4737.
For AK, AZ, CO, HI, ID, MT, NE, NM, NV, OR, UT, WA, WY:
Please contact Western Division at (303) 436-2200.
For AR, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, ND, OH, OK, SD, WI:
Please contact Central Division at (512) 669-5900.
Please call (972) 591-2550.
For AL, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, KY, LA, MA, MD, MS, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, SC, TN, VA, VT, WV,
US Virgin Islands:
Please contact Eastern Division at (404) 963-9300.