260 AVID Students Named Dell Scholars!
Posted by AVID Center on 3/3/2020
The Dell Scholars Program is more than just a scholarship. Students who win the coveted designation of Dell Scholar receive:
- A $20,000 scholarship
- Wrap-around support and services focused on academics, financials, and emotional life challenges
- A Dell laptop
- $500 in Chegg credits annually for four years to be used for textbook purchases and rentals
- A Scholars Resource Network that connects students and their families with resources to handle multiple challenges that may affect a Dell Scholar’s ability to graduate from college
Unlike some scholarship programs, Dell does not solely focus on grade point average when selecting scholars. They target highly motivated students with financial need who have shown grit, potential, and ambition despite personal challenges and obstacles.
With 260 AVID seniors becoming Dell Scholars this year, our students make up half of the 2020 winners! These Dell Scholars are an inspiration to all of us at AVID. We’re honored to be a part of their college journey and can’t wait to see what they will achieve.
We’d also like to give special recognition to three of our partner schools. Each of these schools is home to more than ten AVID Dell Scholars!
- Alief Early College High School, Alief Independent School District, Houston, Texas
- Crawford High School, San Diego Unified School District, San Diego, California
- Travis Early College High School, San Antonio Independent School District, San Antonio, Texas
To qualify for the Dell Scholars Program, students must be a part of an approved college readiness program – like AVID. We encourage AVID seniors to apply for the scholarship every fall. The application usually opens in early October, so AVID educators and students, please mark your calendars! There have been 2,965 AVID Dell Scholars since the program began in 2004, and we look forward to celebrating many more in the years to come.
Learn more at, dellscholars.org/scholarship.
Please help us congratulate these AVID teachers teachers and students in the comments and by sharing on social media!
You are commenting as Anonymous