Ready Lesson Plans for STEM designed for busy teachers.
We know that many content teachers need to have simple, ready-made lessons that can be easily incorporated into their daily classroom activities. AVID STEM Connections lessons were designed to meet this need.
What Makes AVID STEM Connections Special?
- Design thinking as a cross-disciplinary instructional approach to problem solving
- Integration of AVID’s foundational writing, inquiry, collaboration, organization, and reading (WICOR®) strategies
- Scaffolded lessons for teachers new to STEM, and for those who want to improve their STEM instruction
- Inclusion of social and emotional learning (SEL) and future-ready skills
- Learning experiences integrating STEM disciplines and other content areas
- Participation in the AVID STEM Connections professional learning network (PLN)