2018 AVID National Conference | December 6–8
Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina | San Diego, CA
The AVID National Conference is a forum to discuss and share innovations and best practices on how educators can systematically increase academic rigor, create engaging learning environments, accelerate the performance of underrepresented students, and deliver results schoolwide. National organizations who partner with AVID schools to promote college and career readiness are invited to share the benefits of their partnership. Educational thought leaders come together to learn from the experiences of successful AVID systems. We invite current AVID member districts, as well as those interested in learning more about AVID, to discover how it might impact their schools and communities.
Vice President – Worldwide Education, Microsoft
In his role leading the worldwide execution of Microsoft’s vision for education, Anthony Salcito works to help empower educators and inspire students to achieve more. He aims to transform the way we learn with the support of the best technology to help build critical skills for the modern, global workplace.
Prior to taking this role in 2009, Salcito was general manager of education in the United States, supporting schools and universities across the country. During this time, he helped launch the company’s cornerstone education programs. He was also at the center of Microsoft’s involvement in the creation of the School of the Future—a pioneering partnership with the School District of Philadelphia and now the first of many Microsoft Showcase Schools around the world.
Salcito joined Microsoft in 1992, spending his early years at the company architecting high-profile product launches for Windows NT and Windows 95. He is involved with a variety of outreach projects; has served on the board of directors for Stevens Institute of Technology WebCampus; and currently serves on the boards of the National Foundation for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE), Junior Achievement of Washington, the European Foundation for Management Development, the National Community Education Association, and Western Governors University.
With a belief that educators will forever be the heroes of the classroom, Salcito authors Daily Edventures (http://dailyedventures.com/), which highlights the inspiring stories of educators, students, education thought leaders, and school leaders from around the world. You can engage with Salcito at @AnthonySalcito.
Check out this year's pre-conference sessions
- What Is AVID Elementary? An Informational Session
- The AVID College Readiness System: A Glimpse Into AVID Secondary
- The Latest AVID Curriculum Innovations and Products
- It’s More About the Process Than the Paper: AVID’s Focused Note-Taking Process Takes Notes to the Next Level!
- Crowdfunding for the Classroom: AVID and DonorsChoose
- AVID for Higher Education: Resources to Reframe Teaching and Learning
Click here to see pre-conference session descriptions.
AVID PATH TO SCHOOLWIDE TRAININGS—for AVID Members only
AVID’s most popular professional learning strands focus on AVID schoolwide implementation, using AVID’s proven strategies and best practices.
2018 National Conference Strands:
- AVID Academic Language and Literacy: A Schoolwide Approach
- AVID Digital Teaching and Learning – Foundations: Elementary
- AVID Digital Teaching and Learning – Foundations: Secondary
- Content-Area Writing: A Schoolwide Approach
- Culturally Relevant Teaching: Transforming Educators
- Implementation: Middle School/High School
- Leadership for AVID Schoolwide
Click here to see strand descriptions.
Please Note: Attendance in a strand is in lieu of the concurrent sessions. You are welcome to join us for our keynote sessions and speaker breakfast; however, you are expected to remain in your strand for the full conference. Refer to the schedule for specific times.
Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
1380 Harbor Island Drive
San Diego, California 92101
Reservation link: https://book.passkey.com/e/49683417
Reservation phone number: 877-734-2726
Rate per night: $199-$219 per night
Deposit: A deposit equal to one night’s stay is required to hold each individual’s reservation. The card number and expiration date of a valid American Express, Visa, or Mastercard credit card will be acceptable.
Strand registration pricing will be the same pricing as National Conference.
Early Bird Pricing (ends Nov. 9, 2018)
- AVID Members: $599
- Non-AVID Members: $675
Regular Pricing (after Nov. 9, 2018)
- AVID Members: $625
- Non-AVID Members: $699
- Teams of 3 or more from the same school receive $100 off each registration.
- Demo School participants (including their District Directors) receive 50% off registration.
- District superintendents and college/university presidents receive free registration.
Interested in exhibiting or sponsoring? Click here.